Welcome to Reception
My name is Miss Kowalski and I am the Reception Teacher and Early years lead. Early years is my passion and I love my job and working with younger children. I am new to English Martyrs this year and am enjoying working with all of the wonderful children here.
I always ensure that children are happy and confident and enable them to do their best. I love to teach children phonics and supporting them in learning to read. Its truly magical and feel privileged that I get to do it!
I love spending time with my dogs Hudson and Blitz and taking them for long walks in the countryside. I also enjoy going to the gym and meeting friends for coffee and cake!
Miss Kowalski and the Reception Team
Welcome to Nursery
Mrs Steward and the Nursery Team.
Our school offers fantastic Early Years provision! Early Years at English Martyrs Catholic Primary consists of Nursery and Reception in a bright, well resourced Foundation Stage unit.
We offer 30 places in our Reception Class and we have a 26 place sessional Nursery. In nursery children are either offered a morning session (8.40am-11.40am) or afternoon session (12.20pm-3.20pm) and we have a limited number of 30 hour places. All our staff are well-qualified, and many have worked at English Martyrs for a number of years.
Our Early Years Team aim to:
- Treat each child in our care as individual, taking into account his/her needs. We believe that each person is precious and gifted, unique and loved by God.
- Enable each child to develop in personality, confidence and ability, and to work towards achieving his/her own potential.
- Provide an environment which encourages children to enjoy the company of others, develop self-discipline, independence and achieve personal satisfaction.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS) is made up of 7 areas of learning.
3 Primary areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (CLL)
- Physical Development (PD)
4 specific areas of learning:
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Number and Space, Shape and Measures)
- Understanding the World (UTW)
- Expressive Art and Design (EAD)
Below is the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which sets the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
Click on the link below to access the non-statutory document practitioners use as guidance assessing children and informing next steps in planning within the setting:
Click HERE for the Early Years admission policy.