Welcome to Foundation Stage 1
My name is Miss Thompson and I am the Nursery teacher. I am in my tenth year of teaching and have previously worked in Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster. I have been working within The Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust since January 2019 and began working at English Martrys Catholic Primary School in March 2019.
Also working in Nursery will be Mrs Bedford who is a HLTA and Mrs Cappelman who is a Teaching Assistant. We are all very excited to working alongside your children and are looking forward to having lots of fun and teaching them lots of new things!
This term our topic is Magical Me.
If you have any concerns or questions then please do not hesitate to come and speak to me.
Miss Thompson and the Nursery team.
Welcome to Reception
Hi my name is Miss. Kowalski I have taught in EYFS for 7 years. I have taught in Leicester, Sheffield and Barnsley prior to coming to English Martyrs. I have two dogs and enjoy going on long walks in the countryside.
This term our topic is ‘Magical Me’. We will be reading a variety of different texts and will focus on different books, some of these are, Guess How much I Love You, Marvellous Me, 10 Little Fingers and 10 little toes and Owl Babies. You can support your child’s learning by sharing these and other books with them at home. This week we have started to paint self –portraits and pictures of our families and talk about our likes and dislikes.
Click here for our Foundation Stage Fortnightly Newsletter
Our school offers fantastic Early Years provision! Early Years at English Martyrs Catholic Primary consists of Nursery and Reception in a bright, well resourced Foundation Stage unit.
We offer 30 places in our Reception Class and we have a 26 place sessional Nursery. In nursery children are either offered a morning session (8.40am-11.40am) or afternoon session (12.20pm-3.20pm) and we have a limited number of 30 hour places. All our staff are well-qualified, and many have worked at English Martyrs for a number of years.
Our Early Years Team aim to:
- Treat each child in our care as individual, taking into account his/her needs. We believe that each person is precious and gifted, unique and loved by God.
- Enable each child to develop in personality, confidence and ability, and to work towards achieving his/her own potential.
- Provide an environment which encourages children to enjoy the company of others, develop self-discipline, independence and achieve personal satisfaction.
- Work closely with parents at all times, respecting and valuing their opinions as prime carer of the child.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS) is made up of 7 areas of learning.
3 Primary areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (CLL)
- Physical Development (PD)
4 specific areas of learning:
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Number and Space, Shape and Measures)
- Understanding the World (UTW)
- Expressive Art and Design (EAD)
Below is the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which sets the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
Click on the link below to access the non statutory document practitioners use as guidance assessing children and informing next steps in planning within the setting:
Click HERE for the Early Years admission policy