Child Protection and Safeguarding
Who keeps us safe in school?
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School fully recognises the contribution it can make in protecting, supporting and promoting the welfare of the children in our school. We are committed to ensuring that children are safe, that child protection practice is effective and that procedures are followed. We make every attempt possible to ensure that children are safe from abuse or harm during their time at school and at home.
If you have any concerns relating to child protection, you can speak to one of the designated members of staff at school, or contact Social Care Direct on 0845 8503503. Alternatively, you can contact the Police on 101 and ask to speak to a child protection officer.
|Mrs Connell is our Headteacher and our Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead.||Mrs Kerrigan is our Deputy Headteacher and Deputy Safeguarding Lead.|
If you are concerned about a child, please phone us on 01924 299 244 and ask to speak a member of the Safeguarding Team.
For advice and guidance on various child protection and safeguarding issues please see our 'helpful links' page.
More about our school's policies regarding inclusion and safeguarding can be found through our 'Key information' page.
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkuknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
- Let’s Talk About It (support for parents and carers to keep children safe from online radicalisation)
- UK Safer Internet Centre (tips, advice, guides)