|"Hello! I'm Mrs Medley and I am the Reception Class teacher."||"I'm Miss Thompson and I teach the Nursery children."||"I'm Mrs Ryan and I'm the school's Nursery Nurse"||"My name's Mrs Bedford and I work in Foundation Stage too."|
Welcome to our Early Years page
Our school offers fantastic Early Years provision! Early Years at English Martyrs Catholic Primary consists of Nursery and Reception in a bright, well resourced Foundation Stage unit.
We offer 30 places in our Reception Class and we have a 26 place sessional Nursery. In nursery children are either offered a morning session (8.40am-11.40am) or afternoon session (12.20pm-3.20pm) and we have a limited number of 30 hour places. All our staff are well-qualified, and many have worked at English Martyrs for a number of years.
Our Early Years Team aim to:
- Treat each child in our care as individual, taking into account his/her needs. We believe that each person is precious and gifted, unique and loved by God.
- Enable each child to develop in personality, confidence and ability, and to work towards achieving his/her own potential.
- Provide an environment which encourages children to enjoy the company of others, develop self-discipline, independence and achieve personal satisfaction.
- Work closely with parents at all times, respecting and valuing their opinions as prime carer of the child.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS) is made up of 7 areas of learning.
3 Primary areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (CLL)
- Physical Development (PD)
4 specific areas of learning:
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Number and Space, Shape and Measures)
- Understanding the World (UTW)
- Expressive Art and Design (EAD)
Below is the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which sets the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
Click on the link below to access the non statutory document practitioners use as guidance assessing children and informing next steps in planning within the setting:
Click HERE for the Early Years admission policy
Please contact Mrs Appleyard (Nursery Teacher and Early Years Lead) if you need anymore information relating to the development of your child or the provision within early years at English Martyrs Catholic Primary School.
Please find information about our Curricular Key Skills here