A Learning Mentor is required as soon as possible, to support and be an integral part of this busy Catholic school.
Closing date: 10th May 2021
Term-time salary: Grade 6 £18,974.01 - £21,368.11 (FTE £22,183 - £24,982)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37 hours per week for 39 weeks per year
We pride ourselves in the high standards that we have set for our school and we are looking to appoint someone to join our team in this very important role. Full details of the role and requirements are detailed in the job description and person specification. Ideally, the successful candidate will be experienced and skilled in working in a busy school environment. In addition you will have experience of dealing with safeguarding matters in a school environment and working closely with families to support both pupils and parents.
The ideal candidate will:
- be professional when dealing with parents, staff, children and other stakeholders in the school and outside agencies
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team
- be committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school
- have an NVQ 2 or 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
- understand the principles of child development and learning processes or barriers to learning
Key duties will include:
- Working with other staff in planning, evaluating and adjusting learning activities as appropriate
- Supporting provision for pupils with special needs
- Developing 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils
- Providing objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to other staff on pupils achievement, progress and other matters
- Establishing constructive relationships with parents/carers, exchanging information facilitating their support for their child’s attendance
- Assisting in the development and implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies
- Supervising pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Attending to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health & hygiene development
- Participating in comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help
In return, we can offer:
- a warm, supportive school and parish community
- wonderful children who deserve the best
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos. The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust.
Application, Recruitment and Monitoring, reference consent forms and Job Specification can be found on our website. All applications must be made using the CES Support Staff application form.
If you require any further information, please email the Headteacher via email@example.com. All completed application forms need to be returned to the school by midday on 10th May 2021. Electronic applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Headteacher.
Interviews will be held on 18th May 2021.
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.